Thursday, March 16, 2023

Production Blog: The Opening Act

 The first step in the opening sequence is adding your studio name and production company. We agreed to keep the ones we created last year, so it was time for Girl Boss Studios and Dagger Production to reappear. I found the video we made last year and cut off the opening clip from there, and attached it to this video. So it's a total of three seconds more to our time. Next, we had to decide what font, color, and size we wanted the other titles to be. Capcut has saved font styles, so we reviewed those to see which one we liked best. Ash and I picked out eight and then sent them to Siena to pick her favorite. Out of the eight, I liked Mokgech, Playfairdisplay, and Wargod. Ash also Liked Mokgech and Wargod, but she liked Rackham as well. Siena favored Mokgech but said we should go with whatever font closest to the poster. In the end, we decided on Mokgech because of its medieval look. It felt right for an adventure film.

Next, we needed a size that would be big enough to see but not too big where it's distracting. CapCut doesn't do sizing by number, so we had to drag or pinch the words to the size we liked. We also needed a color that would stand out from the background but not become the scene's focal point. I thought of pink since our studio name is pink, but I figured black was more subtle yet still visible, so we went with that. The words will wipe in from the bottom right corner of the screen for transitions. For the movie title, I thought we could have the words come off the paper to spell out the name. Easier said than done because as hard as I tried, I couldn't get it to look less tacky. We found a better spot for the title anyway, so it was okay. After finalizing the editing, I couldn't be happier with the film. It's indeed come a long way, especially with all the problems we had initially, but we're finally finished, and I'm so excited to show you the final copy. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

A Glimpse Into The Past (Reflection)

Critical Reflection Link: Link To Critical Reflection Document The social group my product represents is teenagers and how they are in a dif...