Monday, October 11, 2021

Editing Blog

 Today I had the opportunity to edit my blog. Sadly, Wi-Fi connectivity issues kept me from starting right away. Since I could not go directly into editing, I took the time to really analyze the clips. I narrowed it down to 14 out of 87 clips. I put these clips into iMovie and together it added up to 1 minute and 41 seconds. The commercial should only be 30 seconds, but I was not too worried. By looking at the clips, I can see that most of the clips filmed in slow motion can be cropped as it shows a lot of the background which is not necessarily needed. Some of the other clips could also be cropped since they are a little drawn out. I spent some of the class in a discussion with my groupmates. I have no experience editing videos and I found out that they are just as clueless as I am. Regardless, we spent most of the class searching for editing software to use. The editing software must do a good job in terms of video quality and syncing the clips, it must be free, and it, must not leave a watermark. Some of the programs looked at include: KineMaster, Lighworks, and YouCut. Nothing was finalized and so I am continuing to work with iMovie, but a decision must be made between tonight and tomorrow as the commercial is due on Friday and it takes time to edit. I have been watching editing videos on Youtube so that I can learn from the tips. I have also been looking for non-copyright, upbeat, dramatic music to add to the intensity of the commercial. There’s not a lot to be done before the production of the commercial. By putting all the clips together in iMovie, I was able to see how well they flow together. Now I just need to crop the videos, synch them, possibly adjust lighting, add the words and music, and voila. Simple, right?  

         




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Glimpse Into The Past (Reflection)

Critical Reflection Link: Link To Critical Reflection Document The social group my product represents is teenagers and how they are in a dif...