Monday, March 13, 2023

Production Blog: Friendly Fire

Every good movie needs a good review team. So I chose two of my friends who I trusted to be honest with me, and honest they were. A few seconds in, Karine paused to tell me how corny it was. I reminded her we're high schoolers in Media Studies, not professional actors. This convinced her to continue watching. Asia finished first and gave really good criticism. She said it was hard to hear Siena talking right after she answered the call. We can do a voiceover here since her back is turned, so we won't need to match facial reactions. We killed the background noise, but she was talking too low.  She also gave positive remarks. She mentioned how she noticed we used a lot of angles, and it's good to show the actors from different perspectives. She also noted how well done the clues were and praised our creativity. Unfortunately, Karine only had negative things to say. Despite our attempts to perfect the audio, she says there were times when it could have flowed more nicely. For example, you can tell where we muted it to remove the sirens and add wind sounds.  She also noted that some scenes' lighting glared or was dull. She took a stab at the acting, saying it's a bit lackluster and could've been better. Lastly, she mentioned that the transitions are jumpy. I assume she means the clips don't flow together as well as they should. I would've loved for them to elaborate further, but they said this is all the current criticism and that they'd love to see it again after we've made edits. I would've loved to hear more positive reviews, but everything is never perfect on the first try. So, back to the drawing board we go.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

A Glimpse Into The Past (Reflection)

Critical Reflection Link: Link To Critical Reflection Document The social group my product represents is teenagers and how they are in a dif...