Sunday, March 12, 2023

Production Blog: When in doubt, YouTube it out

This next part of editing is not my favorite, especially not with this film. Editing sound has never been my strong suit. I've always worked with visuals. Extracting audio is easy. It gets complicated when you must overlay them and ensure everything is lined up perfectly. Still, I tried my absolute best to help Ash. Ash is our main audio person, and she always does a great job. I told her about areas that I thought needed fixing. This includes places where the sirens were too loud, or the wind was too strong, and you just couldn't hear the actors. I also told her about sounds we could add. For example, the closing clip is a voiceover of an inspiring quote at the end. We could use an inspiring song but the instrumental version as background noise so that it's a little more interesting. After listening to several inspiring instrumentals, I decided they needed to be more exciting and ventured into Hip Hop instead.
I found a song by Rihanna that would make an excellent outro, mainly since our quote deals with not letting life pass you by. It's upbeat and gets you pumped up. That's a great way to end an adventure film. We needed to ask for the rights to use the song, so I contacted Rihanna through social media, asking her the best way to contact her regarding permission. We'll likely have to find an uncopyrighted YouTube song if she doesn't respond. I hope it doesn't come to this because the piece is perfect. As of right now, the movie has really come together, and I'm happy with our progress.







No comments:

Post a Comment

A Glimpse Into The Past (Reflection)

Critical Reflection Link: Link To Critical Reflection Document The social group my product represents is teenagers and how they are in a dif...