Sunday, October 17, 2021

Creative Critical Refletion

InJoy commercials all follow a similar trend. You can almost always expect upbeat/happy music. I did not want to stray too far from this trend and so, I incorporated this type of music into my commercial as well. This process involved searching through dozens of non-copyrighted music on YouTube until I found the perfect one. I actually ended up going with the first song that I found but I wasn’t sure of it at the time so I went through several videos anyway. I also noticed that there is always something written and then wiped in an InkJoy commercial. This is to show that the pen “dries 3 times faster than the leading competitors”. That’s something that is said in every commercial. I wanted my commercial to be unique the plot was very different from the typical plots. I didn’t just whip out a piece of paper and start scribbling on it. I created a story in which the pen gets lost and is found in different locations until it is returned to the owner who then begins to write. My product represents social groups because it is directed towards teachers and students and the set of the commercial is a school. The pen was showcased in an environment where it is most likely to be used. 


The general audience is school attendees and workers. This product engages with the audience because it features a teacher and several students, real people from the audience,  in a school environment. Most people who would buy the pen are either students or teachers and so showcasing it in such an environment gives the audience something to relate to. The product would most likely be shown in a commercial for back-to-school sales. Back to school season is usually the only time you see stationary commercials on the television.


 Before this project, I had absolutely no production skills It’s easy to take a picture or film a video on your phone and then post it. It’s another thing to make sure that piece of media is properly edited before you do. Though I have social media, I don’t post so it’s safe to say that I was a complete newbie when it came to production. Since then, I’ve learned how to crop videos to the perfect length so that it transitions into the next video smoothly. I’ve also learned how to add transitions in between clips to create cool effects such as the spinning pens at the end of the commercial. I’ve also pretty much learned to navigate all of CapCut. From where to find transitions and animations, to extracting audio and adding text. I’ve even figured out how to overlay clips and change the formatting size. I feel like a pro now!


I used Google to find information on my product and images of it to use. I also used it to research the best editing software. If it wasn’t for YouTube, I would not have known how to do any of the editings. YouTube is where I got tips on how to add videos and crop them in iMovie. It’s also where I learned how to use transitions on CapCut. YouTube is the place where I found the non-copyrighted music to use in my commercial. Without iMovie and CapCut, the scenes would not have been put together. CapCut is also how I added the music into the video. I used my iPhone XR  to film since I didn’t have access to the fancy, expensive equipment that real directors use. I still think my phone did a good job of producing good-quality films. Overall, technology played a huge role in producing my first commercial. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Glimpse Into The Past (Reflection)

Critical Reflection Link: Link To Critical Reflection Document The social group my product represents is teenagers and how they are in a dif...